TAKING CLIMATE ACTION BY SUPPORTING HEALTHY OCEANS
As part of our commitment to climate and nature action, we've joined our sister companies across the Travelopia Group* to partner with Blue Marine Foundation.
Our objective is to help conserve the stunning coastlines and marine life that enrich your vacations and restore ocean ecosystems that are vital in tackling climate change.
Together with our sister travel companies, we intend to donate at least $1 million over the next 3 years, with an aim to support the conservation and restoration of 7,000 hectares of vital marine ecosystems through seven global projects.
From the Mediterranean to the Caribbean, Kenya to Indonesia, these protected "blue carbon ecosystems" have the potential to remove and store thousands of tonnes of carbon every year. They will also help protect a rich diversity of coastal and underwater wildlife, including endangered species.
Our support will also enable the training and employment of local communities in marine conservation, helping ensure these beautiful places are preserved for generations.
Through a combination of conservation, ecosystem restoration, research and community engagement, each project seeks to address the climate and biodiversity crisis in different ways, empowering and engaging local communities:
- A blue carbon approach to saving Greek seas
- Safeguarding the future of ancient seagrass meadows
- Restoring Mida-Creek's mangrove forests
- Restoring blue carbon habitats and protecting unique marine ecosystems
- Community-led restoration of Indonesia's extraordinary blue forests
- Restoring abandoned aquaculture ponds to productive mangrove forests
- Restoring mangroves and seagrass for climate mitigation and resilience
*Europe Express is a member of the Travelopia group of travel companies which has come together to partner with Blue Marine Foundation.